Aside from the fact that she was born a mermaid and lived most of her young life under the sea with an assortment of aquatic animals for friends, Ariel from The Little Mermaid might just be the most relatable Disney princess – ever.
And whilst some of us go all-out in the mermaid stakes, take Chrissy Teigen’s recent Snapchat of her precious pint-sized daughter, Luna, for example:
The rest of us embrace our inner mermaids without even realising it, and as proof – here’s 10 times that we’ve all been Ariel from The Little Mermaid:
1. When we’re hungover AF and mistake a kitchen utensil for a hairbrush.
Everyone needs a multi-purpose dinglehopper in his or her life – period.
2. When we’re trying to be subtle about the fact that our hair is ON POINT.
Good hair, don’t care. 💁💁💁
3. When we’re so done with reading the terms of a contract, so we just sign anyway.
What’s the worst that could happen?
4. When we’re having a legitimate argument with our parents about our age.
AKA – a definitive moment in every teenager’s life.
5. When we’re not invited to a party but can’t help watching all of the Snapchats.
Some might call it a coping mechanism.
6. When we’re crushing SO HARD that we enter into the “pretend dialogue with inanimate objects” phase.
We’ve all been there.
7. When we’re unsure about whether or not he loves us, so we rely on scientific evidence.
We *knew* that he was confessing his love for us that one time that he liked our Instagram pic.
8. When we’re searching for fresh inspo on behalf of a DIY blog post and remember the seashell bras.
We’ll take one in every colour please!
9. When we’re trying on a new dress and feel FABULOUS.
FACT: All corresponding twirls, poses and pouts are obligatory.
10. When we’re rolling up with our squad and we’re feeling fierce.
How many times have you (unknowingly) been Ariel from The Little Mermaid?