Confession: I love Christmas – and since it’s exactly one month until Christmas day, our home has been a hive of activity, as the process of unboxing decorations and transforming the various rooms has begun.
I will be sharing some of my activities throughout December but, in the meantime, here are 25 suggestions for things that you can do during the festive period:
- Host a month-long movie marathon to screen all of your favourite festive films.
- Get your skating boots on and visit an outdoor ice rink.
- Bake gingerbread men, Christmas cupcakes and/or a yule log to share with guests, family, friends and co-workers.
- Visit a German Christmas Market and soak up the atmosphere (If you’re in the UK, I recommend Manchester).
- Get involved with ‘Operation Christmas Child.’
- Take photos to capture the memories and create a Christmas scrapbook.
- Put together a festive playlist that is jam-packed full of the Christmas classics.
- Purchase a novelty Christmas jumper (If it lights up or plays a tune then it’s a real bonus).
- Layer up and go on a winter walk.
- Make a hot chocolate with all of the trimmings (Whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate sprinkles)!
- Have a major sort out and gather a collection of possessions to donate to charity.
- Drive around town looking at all of the twinkling Christmas lights.
- Listen to carol singers or go Christmas carolling yourself. Remember: The best way to spread festive cheer is singing loud for all to hear!
- Get crafty: Make paper snowflakes, create your own festive bunting or design your own Christmas cards.
- If it snows, build a snowman!
- Buy one new ornament for your Christmas tree that holds a special memory from this year.
- Play board games alongside an open fire.
- Decorate the Christmas tree and nominate a special person to place the tree-topper!
- Have a pamper session (Put a face mask on, light some candles and sink into a hot bubble bath).
- And while you’re at it, treat yourself to some new super snuggly pyjamas.
- Listen to your festive playlist (See #7) while you have a wrapping session complete with gift tags, ribbons and bows!
- Take a family portrait.
- Cover the house in fairy lights. Remember: There’s no such thing as too many.
- Write a list that contains all of the highlights from your year.
- Commit a random act of kindness.
What would you add to this list?