Another month ticked off this years calendar! The highlights of May included my brothers 30th birthday celebrations, the transition from one career path to another, 2 x long bank holiday weekends and snippets of sunshine, though I’m hoping that those snippets will become permanent throughout June.
As for products that I used throughout May, these were some of my favourites this month:
- Garnier Fructis Style I ♥ My Sleek Spray-on Serum – This 5-in-1 hair smoothing spray is to be used on dry, finished styles. It promises ultra smoothing, healthy shine, anti-frizz and flyaways, anti-humidity and weightless feeling; I can confirm that it delivers on all 5! It’s hard to find the right serum, as they can often weigh your hair down but this has the power of a serum and the lightness of a spray (win-win). The product is also enriched with Moroccan argan oil, which is one of my favourite products for hair care, as it helps to keep hair looking healthy and shiny. This has a delicious smell too, quite tropical and fruity, it would be perfect for taking away on holiday!
- Rimmel London Wonder’full Wake Me Up Mascara – I recently shared a review of this product, which you can read here! In a sentence, this mascara really lengthens and lifts lashes; it’s enriched with vitamins and cucumber extract, which has quite a refreshing effect (and smells good too), all for an affordable price!
- So…? Paris Couture Body Fragrance – I love the smell of this body fragrance, it has just the right mixture of floral and vanilla notes and really packs a punch in the scent department, and people have mistakenly thought that I’m wearing a perfume, enquiring about what it is! I have found myself reaching for this body spray more than the eau de toilette because it’s long lasting and suitable to pop in your handbag for top-ups! To read a full review of this product, please click here! I can’t wait to try more from the new So…? Couture range.
- Original Source Coconut Shower Gel – I’m noticing a theme with all of these products; they’re all delightfully scented for the summer season! This coconut scented shower gel is super tropical and smells authentic, rather than artificial, which is very refreshing. The liquid itself is very gentle, nourishing and moisturising, leaving your skin feeling hydrated and silky soft!
- Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo Gel-Cream Eyeshadow (75-24K Gold) – I rate Maybelline’s 24hr Colour Tattoos highly, as they’re really quick and easy to apply, whether you want to use them as a standalone or a shadow base. I have quite a few of these but this golden shade had been neglected… until now. I love gold and nude shades in the summer months; it just helps to make you look a little brighter and compliments a sun-kissed skin tone! Let me know if you would like to see a summer FOTD!
- Bellapierre Eye Shimmer (SP005 Earth) – This is a stunning product; I received it at Christmas time but have really started using it now. It’s a lovely rose-gold shimmer, which has a great colour and sparkle pay-off! You just know it’s a high-quality product as one application is more than enough to see you through the day. The only slight negative is that it’s quite a messy one to work with but, in my opinion, it’s totally worth it!
What are your favourites this month? Which of my favourites are your favourites?!