March always feels like a short month. I’m not sure why, it’s one of those “nothing” months for me, falling in-between my Birthday and Easter. The clocks did move forward an hour on Sunday, perhaps that helped move things along in the closing days. Nonetheless, I’m quite thankful to be moving further into Spring, hopefully we will have the weather to accompany the season soon! I have a few favourites that I have been using regularly throughout the month, better known as my March Favourites…
- Front Cover Glitter (Chiara’s Moon) / Front Cover Glimmer Powder (Arctic Ice) / Front Cover Jewels – All three of these products will add sparkle to your life and have been lifted from my Front Cover “Party Queen” kit. They are suited for special occasions, of which I’ve attended a few this month, though a little messy to work with, they create an incredible look. Unfortunately my camera doesn’t quite showcase the shimmer and shades, I think Arctic Ice is one of my favourites for sweeping across a finished eye look, it has a lilac tint and is simply sooo beautiful! All of the Front Cover cosmetics are fabulous, I could not recommend them more highly!
- Nail Girls Polish (3-in-1 Base/Top Coat/Strengthener) and No.7 Stay Perfect Pigment Rich Nail Polish (50 Lucky Lilac) – The Nail Girls polish is a good all-rounder, I really like having a top coat and base coat in one but a strengthener is a real added bonus. Since I’m trying to encourage the arrival of Spring, I have started to move away from the traditional red, gold and silvers of Autumn/Winter, with the introduction of this beautiful pastel lilac shade. It has been one of my favourites for a long time, so I was happy to re-introduce it. The formula is perfect with a smooth application and fast surface-dry time.
- Beautiful Movements Nude Lip Gloss – Nude shades are not typically used in my routine, I prefer to add a splash of colour to my lips but I have started to appreciate the beauty of a nude – perfect when going for a heavier eye look and/or transitioning between seasons, the latter in this case. This particular gloss is rich in Jojoba Oil, so it feels very moisturising, whilst adding a lovely non-sticky gloss to the lips!
- Sanctuary Spa Resurface & Refine Ultra Polish – In January, my favourites featured the Johnson’s Daily Essentials Exfoliating Wash but I like to change and freshen things up when it comes to my skincare routine. This is more of a heavy-duty product, so I just use it once or twice a week in the shower. It has an exfoliating effect, which leaves my skin feeling ultra smooth after use, seriously I noticed a big difference. It comes in a small tube but a little goes a long way!
- Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean 3-in-1 Deep Purifying Cleanser – Again, I purchase this product quite frequently, though because of the natural peach scent, I particularly enjoy it during Spring/Summer. This can be used on a more regular basis too, as it’s much lighter and leaves no residue behind. You can use it to remove make-up or for general use, your skin will thank you for it!
- Aquafresh Extra Fresh Daily Mouthwash (Fresh Mint) – I have tried a few different mouthwashes over the months, though this might be an odd product to include in my favourites, this has been the best one by far. I don’t think that there’s too much more to say on that, other than it is long-lasting and does the job well.
You also know by now that I like to have a bit more of a “random” favourite of the month, so for March, we have this pair of ankle boots…
are made for walkin’ are a bit of an oddity to me, as they don’t have much in the way of brand identification on them, the only label I could spot was for ‘G Casual‘ on the inside of the boots. Though I do know that they were from TK Maxx, undoubtedly my favourite store for just about everything. I received them as a present for my Birthday and have not been out of them since! They are really comfortable, which is something that I struggle with when it comes to shoes and they are quite unusual with the silver glitter, black suede and wooden heel combo. Literally every time that I have worn them, I have had a complete stranger compliment them, mainly for how “unique” they are! I love a bit of glitz and glam, so I would wear these for any occasion and they are a quick way of “dressing up” any outfit.
What have you been loving for the past month? Do any of your favourites feature in my favourites? Let me know which products appeal to you!
2 thoughts on “March 2015 | Favourite Products”
Super cute boots. I’ve actually been looking into procuring a pair for myself but have been waiting for the snow to melt so I don’t ruin the suede version I will inevitably buy.
Do you have any favourite mascara recommendations?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much! I’ve been very careful with wearing my suede boots, especially with our April showers, I hope you find a super cute pair yourself!
In terms of mascara, I’m still loving last month’s favourite Benefit’s Roller Lash, my usual before that was Rimmel’s Scandaleyes Retro Glam – I’ll admit that the name pulled me in at first but it’s proven to be great for voluminous lashes! Roller Lash is a little more subtle but provides a nice curvature. What are you using at the moment?