It’s hard to believe that we are about to cross off month one of the new year on our calendars, yet in the same sentence I always feel like January is one of the longest months of the entire year. So, I was thinking about what to include in my favourites and decided that I didn’t want to restrict it to beauty and fashion items only, because there have been a few other ‘bits ‘n’ bobs’ that helped me through the cold, bleak winter nights – trust me, it was hard to choose just a few…
- L’Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray – This product has helped me through blustery days with a long-lasting hold to keep my
hairmane firmly in place, minus the crunchy feeling that can be left by other hairsprays! It also has a lovely “satin” soft, natural shine finish.
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes – I have tried so many different brands of facial wipes over the years but I always find myself returning to the same trusted Simple brand. They are really moist and refreshing, which makes them feel kind to your skin. They aren’t voted the UK’s no. 1 for no reason!
- Johnson’s Daily Essentials Exfoliating Wash – Usually exfoliators aren’t recommended for daily usage but in the case of Johnson’s they have created a product that gently impurities and freshens your skin. I have found that this has been a daily go-to product to keep my skin feeling soft even when battling against the cold, dry Winter winds.
- Taylor Swift: ‘Enchanted Wonderstruck’ Perfume – This is a reasonably priced perfume that is perfect for the Winter months because it’s a comforting scent with hints of wild berries, vanilla and white musk. It works as an everyday casual scent and for evening occasions.
- Rimmel Kate 107 Lipstick – I’ve already discussed this lipstick in a previous post (Beauty | Lipstick Shades of the Season) so I won’t go on about it too much, other than to say that I grab this when I’m on the go because it’s such a beautiful, easily wearable Autumn-Winter shade!
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara – This mascara creates an impactful look, it’s just the right consistency as it doesn’t feel heavy on the eyes or create clumps but gives a really full volume, wide-eyed effect. It’s taken me a while to discover a mascara that I will actually repurchase…
- Cath Kidston Original Lip Balm – I’ll admit it. I own that many lip balms that I could label it a “collection” but this has been one of my favourites this month because it’s extra moisturising whilst facing the harsher weather conditions. It has a lovely almond scent infused with vitamin E and, as a bonus, it comes in a cute and portable vintage style tin!
- The Body Shop Frosted Cranberry Hand Cream – The Body Shop products are always high quality and I’m a regular user of their hand creams but I have found this limited edition Christmas 2014 scent to be simply irresistible! It leaves my hands feeling soft and moisturised all day.
- Starbucks Cocoa Trio – One of my favourite things about the Winter months? Hot chocolate. You haven’t had hot chocolate until you’ve had Starbucks, this trio contains 3 flavours (Double chocolate/Marshmallow/Salted Caramel) that will trigger an orchestra of “Mmm’s” from those indulging in the beverage!
- Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark – Ridley Pearson – I love snuggling up in bed on a cold Winter’s night accompanied by a good read, Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark has not disappointed. It’s a fun-filled adventure and curious mystery all-in-one, which keeps you turning the pages!
- Topshop Penguin Slipper Socks – It’s important to keep your tootsies warm, these thick socks with penguin novelty detail are fun and cute – perfect for the job!
This is my absolute companion throughout the year but particularly during January when I’m trying to keep organised and encourage productivity…
- inTempo 2015 Daily Planner – This is a beautiful diary with an embossed cover, it has everything that you need – personal details, full-page daily planner pages, monthly scheduling, addresses and phone numbers section. My pages have been pretty full for the last month!
Which of my favourites are your favourites? What have you been enjoying during the month of January?